Tuesday 11 October 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 11 - Queasy

There are few things worse than feeling queasy. Knowing that you are going to be physically sick but feeling it anyway. Trying to get on and do things when you feel like that, lying on the sofa feeling sorry for yourself while thinking of all the things you need to do. Ugh!

The problem is that you are not quite ill enough to stop you doing anything, but you feel too sick to do much. The result is that you only do what you absolutely have to and feel guilty about everything else.

At least I have movies to take my mind off it.

Scott Pilgrim tonight, followed by Gone in 60 Seconds. I've only seen Scott Pilgrim once before but it's a fast favourite with me. I love its character and style. It's a comic book brought to life that doesn't fall back on the usual comic book style. It's an individual and, I suspect, one of those things that is lightning in a bottle; I'm certain that others will try to copy or recreate it without success.

As for Gone in 60 Seconds, I have seen it so many times that I could be in it. I'm a big fan of Jerry Bruckheimer, whose Producer credits also include dozens of great movies like Top Gun, Con Air and Armageddon. Like those other flicks, Gone in 60 Seconds is fast-paced, action-packed fun with a good story and superb performances. It's hard to believe that it's already an eleven year old movie. May it still be such a good watch in another couple of decades.

So, as the film is just getting to the good bit, I will doze off and leave you with these two movie recommendations. If you haven't checked them out already, do!

No comments: