Sunday 6 April 2008

Sunday!

It's Sunday - the day of rest and Formula 1 Grand Prix!

Thus, after fiddling with my blog layout and profile and stuff, and deleting some, quite frankly, rubbish posts, I have to think of something to write about. So, let's write about the blog.

Newly introduced at the bottom are some nice banner ads. I used to hate them (and still hate the ones that are irritatingly distracting with loads of animation and noises and stuff) but these are Google AdSense, which are static, low key banners. Plus they will earn me pennies. I've also added some weekly picks - each weekend, I will update the photo with a favourite from my own collection or an image from the previous week's news. I've also added my pick of TV and movies for the coming week and will change this each weekend, too. Finally, I've added a news feed. I haven't quite got the keywords right as yet so I might be changing this over the course of time.

So there you go... a few key changes to my bloggy wog!

And so, I am off to watch the Bahrain Grand Prix. I am, of course, supporting the 'local boy', Lewis Hamilton (come on, Ham Sandwich!) but no matter what, the hot, dusty track of the Bahrain circuit once again promises a fun-filled afternoon with lots of exciting racing (and maybe even crashing!) and for a while we will try and forget the indiscretions of, Formula1 governing body president, Max Mosley. However, before we do brush this nasty business aside, let's dwell on it for a brief moment.

It is reported that Max Mosley, regularly hires teams of prostitutes to meet his sexual needs. Those needs, it appears, include 'kinky' role-play sex and, on at least one occasion, may have involved a Nazi type scenario. Personally, I don't take issue with his sexual desires - if role-play gets him off, so be it - but I believe that by engaging the services of 'sex-professionals' he has broken the law. He has also embarrased the sport on the international stage, lost the respect of many of the sport's participants and offended some of the sport's host nations. For those reasons, and those reasons alone, I believe that he should resign. We will watch and wait to see what happens next but for the time being, lets just enjoy the race!

No comments: