Sunday 26 April 2009

Serious Stuff....

Dear Messrs. Brown and Darling,

I just wanted to take a moment of my time to personally thank you for all your effort over the last twelve months. This year has been quite an accomplishment: One I would not have dared thought possible. Allow me to elaborate.

I am a sensible individual, pragmatic and careful how I spend. However, I admit that in my younger years I was lured by the golden fleece of credit and consequently saught to live beyond my means. Over the years I am sorry to say I built up a reasonable cushion of debt, which, when faced with tough times, I was unable to afford. It has taken me several years but a couple of years ago I became virtually debt free. Thanks to you, I now realise the error of my ways.

There I was, mistakenly thinking that the way to be secure and able to survive any crisis was to minimise my personal debt. But I am thankful to you for showing me the light. Of course I should spend every penny I earn, and more. If I want a new car, I should buy one. That expensive Radley handbag? Why not? A Gucci watch , PRADA sunglasses, and the two week long haul holiday to go with them? Definitely! It makes so much sense now - the way to survive a recession is to spend, spend, spend. We can always pay for it later, right?

So thank you for showing me the error of my ways. And also thank you for helping me to 'hit the ground running' with my renewed responsibilities by ensuring I have a £22,000 personal share in the national debt. You two are bloody geniuses!

Yours,
Kat Middleton
No-longer a Labour voter

No comments: